The Wessex Community Housing Hub has created a new fund to help community-led housing groups swiftly access small amounts of funding. The fund is limited to £5,000 in total with a cap of no more than £1,000 for any one group. This applies to Dorset (including Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole) and Somerset groups only.
The idea is that new groups could ask for help with one or more of the following:
– Zoom (or similar) subscription and any related support or training,
– Initial group training such as governance issues, running a community organisation, engaging with wider community &/or potential partners,
– Sundry costs involved in hosting ‘real’ (i.e. not virtual) community meetings (if and when these might be possible again) and group sessions – e.g. room hire, speaker expenses and refreshments,
– Promotional costs such as design and print or website development to raise awareness, seek new members and publicise meetings,
– Other sundry costs that may be incurred during the initial stages of a new project.
In some instances, your group may be eligible for some early stage funding from another source, such as your local housing authority. The new fund would not ordinarily replace these other sources of funding, but it may help you to secure certain services more swiftly where time is of the essence; we expect a swift turnaround for decisions, hence ‘agile’ by name!
So, if you think your group or emerging group may benefit from the new agile fund, please contact the Hub Community Housing Adviser, Colin McDonald: firstname.lastname@example.org