Insurance for CLTs

Many CLTs have asked us for guidance on what insurance they require.  The answer is that each group is different, but CLTs are likely to want to consider ‘directors and officers’ cover and ‘public liability’ cover. Directors and officers cover is more useful to CLTs if extended to also cover the entity itself and CLTs should clarify this with their insurer or broker. It should be possible to obtain these covers for approximately £250 pa, but each situation will be different and have different risks – so it is impossible to give an accurate guideline cost here. We have found Brownhill Insurance to be very helpful for CLTs looking for bespoke policies:  The National CLT Network include directors and officers cover in their full membership package.